August 7th, 2002
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup strained orange juice
- 1/2 tsp orange rind
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or canned pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp unblanched almond slivers
- Line a 9″ pie plate with the pastry of your choice.
- Mix together in a bowl the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt and orange rind.
- Beat the eggs slightly. Add to the first mixture and stir well.
- Stir in the water, pumpkin, milk, orange juice and vanilla.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell. Sprinkle with the slivered almonds.
- Bake in a preheated 450°F oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F and continue cooking approximately 45 minutes more, until the custard is set.
- Garnish with a crown of whipped cream.
Entry Filed under: Recipes