February 29th, 2008
Watch the video at KCET, Edible Estates.
- why are people growing lawn?
- Fritz Haeg converts homeowners’ front lawns into working vegetable gardens
- Descanso Gardens invited Fritz to build a demo garden to show people what he does
- one third of the garden is planted as plain lawn
- two-thirds is planted as an edible vegetable garden to show people how good it can look
- lawn requires a lot of water, and takes a lot of time and energy to maintain
Entry Filed under: Permaculture