March 3rd, 2008
Here’s an interesting video about picking public fruit.
- Fallen Fruit is a group that maps local fruit trees and encourages sharing through group plantings and “forages”
- take people on walking forages to collect public fruit growing in the neighbourhood
- fruit growing on public property or hanging over fences onto public property is “public fruit” and can be legally picked
- streets with accessible fruit are “generous”
- fruit picker (e.g. from Home Depot) is required – all fruit at human-level gets picked before you get there
Entry Filed under: Permaculture