Salad Alfalfa. Alfalfa or lucerne is a real health food. It is rich in many nutrients, has high levels of vitamins and minerals. Excellent to eat in salads, sandwiches or with many dishes.
How To Use: Use a large coffee or jam jar.
- Place the seed in the jar, soak in tepid water for about 3 hours, covering the top of the jar with either muslin, cheesecloth or a cotton handkerchief.
- Pour off the water, placing the jar on a slant which will allow good drainage and ventilation.
- Fill the jar twice a day with tepid water, shake well and then drain off.
- In about 3-5 days, sprouts should be ready to be eaten.
- Once sprouted, sprouts can be refrigerated for about one week without losing flavour, provided they are placed in an airtight container.